BOOK TOUR: The Neumarian Chronicles


The Neumarian Chronicles by Ciara Knight
Genres: Dystopia, Science Fiction, Young Adult
See on: Goodreads

Buy from: Amazon ll B&N
Synopsis book 1 - Escapement:
Ten years after the great war of 2185 the queen’s reign is threatened by uprisings and fear. In celebration of my sixteenth birthday it is my duty as princess to sacrifice a slave to be initiated into the ruling council, solidifying my mother’s empire. When my own erratic powers surface I’m captured and tried for treason. Slaves hate me, my mother wants me executed, and my only chance of survival rests in the hands of a young man, Ryder Arteres, whose sister I sentenced to death.
Synopsis book 2 - Pendulum:
Haunting memories.
Terrifying dreams.
Crippling lies.

Trapped in a world of deception, my sanity rests with the love of Ryder Arteres and our renegade friends. Six months of scouring the ocean floor in a rebel ship fleeing our homeland, delivers us to a possible alliance with the opportunistic European Council. Our only hope is to utilize our forbidden gifts to free our people from slavery, proving our worth. But when a trusted ally turns traitor and a new breed of the queen’s weaponry is revealed, I’m forced to face the terror of my past to save our crumbling future.
Synopsis book 3 - Balance:
Life on a war-ravaged Earth is a dying experience. Finally, after years of tyranny, the rebellion rises. Once I rescue my fiancé Ryder Arteres, I, and the rebel general, will fight to free our people. In a war where alliances shift and friends betray one another, will the final battle prove the truth of the prophecy the queen has so feared—her death—or will I lose everyone I love?
On Book One: 
Semara was a princess whose mother makes the wicked stepmother of Snow White seem tame. Her mother has a few screws loose and she doesn't care whether Semara's her daughter; she just cares about securing the throne to her line. 
 
Semara had no choice. She had to concede to her mother's wishes for she does not know a family anymore. Until she was forced to prove herself worthy of the throne by killing a parasite, a supposed vermin to the society. Semara realized that she can't do it. She can't do it because the person she'd kill is the best friend she's made five or six years ago. Raeth.  

Their travels and missions amaze me as the author has done a really good job in creating the world that they live in. Not only that, the powers of the characters in the story made my eyes go huge as I'm really reminded of X-Men (and their wicked powers). 

The only thing that fell short for me is the interaction between Semara and Ryder. Some scenes were really awkward because I felt like they shouldn't happen at that moment in time. At all. Another thing that had me snickering is the line having the same context as the one below (based on what I recall):

"...and everything fades. I can no longer hear or see the battle happening. I can only feel his lips. I can only feel him."

Save for the awkward cheesy scenes appearing at a really awkward time, Escapement is a really good book that deserves to be out of your TBR pile and should be in your hands, devoured page by page. 


Ciara Knight writes to ‘Defy the Dark’ with her young adult speculative fiction books. Her most recent Amazon best-seller, Escapement, book I of The Neuamrian Chronicles, released to acclaimed reviews securing a Night Owl Top Pick and five stars from InD’Tale Magazine.
When not writing, she enjoys reading all types of fiction. Some great literary influences in her life include Edgar Allen Poe, Shakespeare, Francine Rivers and J K Rowling.
Her first love, besides her family, reading, and writing, is travel. She’s backpacked through Europe, visited orphanages in China, and landed in a helicopter on a glacier in Alaska.




3 comments :

  1. Thank you for the synopsis of the series! It sounds amazing...:)
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eloquent review. I think you perfectly stated what worked and didn't work for you. I might just check this out, though, because this series sounds like a lot of fun. :)

    Jules @ The Book of Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dears. Thanks so much for checking it out. Seriously, you'd definitely love the series. :)

    ReplyDelete