Book Review: Kiss the Sky by Krista & Becca Ritchie

KISS THE SKY
(Calloway Sisters #1)
Krista & Becca Ritchie
January 1, 2014
New Adult, Contemporary, Chick Lit

GET IT HERE
Amazon || B&N || kobo

 Virgin. Sex addict. Daredevil. Alcoholic. Smartass … Jackass. Her five friends are about to be filmed. Reality TV, be prepared.

Rose Calloway thought she had everything under control. At twenty-three, she’s a Princeton graduate, an Academic Bowl champion, a fashion designer and the daughter of a Fortune 500 mogul. But with a sex addict as a sister and roommate, nothing comes easy. 

After accepting help from a producer, Rose agrees to have her life filmed for a reality television show. The Hollywood exec is her last chance to revive her struggling fashion line, and boundaries begin to blur as she’s forced to make nice with a man who always has his way. 

Twenty-four-year-old Connor Cobalt is a guy who bulldozes weak men. He’s confident, smart-as-hell and lives with his equally ambitious girlfriend, Rose Calloway. Connor has to find a way to protect Rose without ruining the show. Or else the producer will get what Connor has always wanted—Rose’s virginity.
“I’ve wanted so many things in life, but you’re the one that has meant the most to me.” 

WARNING: My thoughts in this book is pretty personal. Please forgive me in advance.

Just recently, a friend of mine told me to read this book, and she insisted that I should read it ASAP because I would surely like it. While I was reading it, I started to figure out why she wanted me to read it. Because the heroine is me. I am the heroine.

Of all the hundreds or thousands (honestly, I lost count) of books I've read, I sure find a little of myself in some heroines, but this one got me like "Holy f*ck! This is me. I would f*cking say the same thing." And trust me, it never happened before. From the family background, thoughts about boys, decision making, smartass comebacks, passion, hardwork, I mean, hell! Every single trait about this character! I am so overwhelmed.

100% Bitch, Intelligent (claim it!), Virgin (yes, I am and I'm proud of it like ROSE CALLOWAY)

Now, I wanted to focus on the technical aspect of the book. First is the character traits of all characters, the authors knew the pulse of the readers today, thus, they add something that would really catch their hearts, one word. CONNOR. I'd like to spoil you a little... Connor is a young cocky version of Mr. Darcy and Christian Grey. Yummm, right?

Second, is how the story was written is really moving from the different themes incorporated within it, the authors were able to come up with something unique and beautiful story.

Third is CONNOR. Yes, and CONNOR. CONNOR. CONNOR. Wait, did I mention CONNOR?

This is a must-read book! Guaranteed 100% good vibes!

"You're not a pit stop. You're my finish line. There's no one after you… I want you for eternity, not for a brief moment in time."
Krista & Becca Ritchie are identical twins—one a science nerd, the other a comic book geek—but with their shared passion for writing, they combined their mental powers as kids and have never stopped telling stories. Now in their early twenties, they write about other twenty-somethings navigating through life, college, and romance. They love superheroes, flawed characters, and soul mate love. 

They are the New Adult authors of the Addicted series and Calloway Sisters spin-off series, and you can find them on almost every social media, frolicking around like wannabe unicorns. 

AUTHOR LINKS

No comments :

Post a Comment